AUSTIN VERT PARK BRAKE LIGHT ALTERNATIVE.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi Folks,

Came up with this idea many years ago to get around the problem of not being able to buy a decent repro Mustang park brake pilot light for the dash. My idea probably won't be welcomed by the people who insist on sticking to originality parts for their Stangs. That's OK and that's your call there.

So, my '73 Vert never came with a factory pilot foot brake light. But i wanted one installed anyway. All i did was to first up buy a foot brake light switch repro part that attaches to the foot brake pedal. (Not sure if that part is still available to buy today) I also bought a suitable pilot light assembly which i mounted on the dash approx where the original one would have gone. I went to the trouble of making up a little circular bezel made out of pine and sanded down the back face of it to end up with an angled face shape that compensated for the sloping Mustang dash metal panel. I sprayed the bezel in mat black to finish off. I then linked up the wiring, and Bob's your Uncle. I think it looks OK and certainly does the job well. By the way, the extra toggle light switch was installed to turn on and off my front spot lights mounted just under my front bar. (See my pilot light pics below)

Cheers, Greg :)

Attachments

• 20240711_133055.jpg
    20240711_133055.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240711_133105  2.jpg
    20240711_133105 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Daytime - All  Lights On 1..jpg
    Daytime - All Lights On 1..jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
VERY Cool, Brother! You're ALWAYS coming up cool new ideas to make our cars even just that much better. Well Done, Sir!

Back