Auto to T-5 Swap Article

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibson_Junk

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 351C
1969 Mustang Coupe EMPTY
Not sure where to post this but I thought it was a good article for anyone going to swap from a auto to a manual. I am going to use this when I do it. Going from a FMX to a T-5 soon. And reading over this gives a good idea of whats required. Sorry if this is the wrong section

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/09/t5swap/index.php

There has already been a number of us who has gone from auto to manual Trans.

Well I have searched on here but no one or atleast not that I can find actually goes into detail on all required parts and a how to

Well I have searched on here but no one or atleast not that I can find actually goes into detail on all required parts and a how to
mmmmm, i believe i got a hold of the site and really got active when it was already done. so i guess i never posted it.

if you have any questions, email me. if you get the whole kit from modern driveline its a easy swap.

he'll even give you just piece by piece. most importantly the clutch pedal. and if you don't have the hangar pieces already in your bracket like some don't, then you can remove it and send it to mustang steve and have him install roller bearing ones. and of course cut down on your brake pedal.

other than that, if you are going cleveland, you can get a 5.0 bellhousing and use the entire 5.0 parts.

mmmmm, i believe i got a hold of the site and really got active when it was already done. so i guess i never posted it.

if you have any questions, email me. if you get the whole kit from modern driveline its a easy swap.

he'll even give you just piece by piece. most importantly the clutch pedal. and if you don't have the hangar pieces already in your bracket like some don't, then you can remove it and send it to mustang steve and have him install roller bearing ones. and of course cut down on your brake pedal.

other than that, if you are going cleveland, you can get a 5.0 bellhousing and use the entire 5.0 parts.
I agree..

I new Bruce from Modern Driveline when he was in California. I even used his conversion kit to swap the C-4 in my '68 to a TKO-600. The offer individual pieces as well as whole kits. Just look up Modern Driveline and it's all there. Conversion kits, pedals, shifters, clutches, bell housings and transmissions. all you have to do is call him.

Good article. One thing I would say is ti also consider the cable clutch setup. It was very easy to install and very easy easy to adjust when necessary.

I know a lot of people do like the hydraulic setup. But the cable setup will never leak and you can route it away from headers which you can't always do with the mechanical linkage.

Back