Autolite/Motorcraft 2100 D

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible Mustang 351 C 2V H Code automatic transmission
Hello

I put some pics of my Autolite/Motorcraft 2100 D because I think that the mechanic ( Italian mechanic ), that tried to fix it, installed it in a wrong way

He took away the solenoid and I think there is something wrong on the accelerating pump

My car is a 1971 Mustang 351 Cleveland with FMX tranny

Please, help me

Thanks a lot

DSCN6588.jpg

DSCN6589.jpg

DSCN6590.jpg

DSCN6591.jpg

DSCN6810.jpg

DSCN6821.jpg

DSCN6822.jpg

DSCN6823.jpg

DSCN6824.jpg

DSCN6825.jpg

I see a solenoid, and it is facing the correct direction. There is the pcv hose and the ford kickdown. Thought the throttle linkage should be resting on the solenoid plunger tip, unless you took the pic while openong the throttle for some reason.

Yes you are right about the solenoid but now the mechanic took it off

Can this create some problems ?

I see a solenoid, and it is facing the correct direction. There is the pcv hose and the ford kickdown. Thought the throttle linkage should be resting on the solenoid plunger tip, unless you took the pic while openong the throttle for some reason.

The purpose of the solenoid on the 71 2v is to prevent "dieseling" or engine run-on. Your car has a tendency to keep igniting fuel in the cyl's after the ignition is shut off. The solenoid is connected to the ignition switch and pops forward when you start the car. It should be functioning on a stock car, and i never had a problem with mine. When you turn off the key the solenoid snaps back and the carb closes completely to starve the engine and prevent run-on. I did take mine off when i replace the heads and intake.

Back