back up light ideas with shelby taillights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andreas1973MustangMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach1
Hi bros

I installed a sequential shelby taillight from a 67 mustang in my 73 mach1

Now i want to install the back up lights and im searching for a good looking place.

I will add a picture later tonight for everyone and hoping for some good creative ideas.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I would carry on with the theme and put them in the rear valance. Not sure if you have dual exhaust with the cutouts though? Real estate may be tight in the valance, but you could move them around to work. It may be worthwhile to consider a non-cutout valance and still have duals that dump out like a stock single exhaust. Just my opinion for consideration.

I would suggest the same as what BK said. In fact, the only thing I wish Ford would've done different with our cars is continue the 3 verticle strips with detached [in tha valance] reverse lights. The trapezoids we have could've been done better, IMHO.

I also kinda wish I would've done the Shelby tail light treatment to mine as well... but I'm still on the fence as to how they look on a fastback. They look absolutely awesome on coupes and 'verts, though. ::thumb::

Oh my. That's nice. ::thumb::

Definitely some of those small round early-model reverse lights - with some LED inserts from Mustang Project. :D

What about 1/2 round LED strips at the exhaust cutouts? If they were recessed, you would not normally see them until they lit up.

How I did it...

kd7koy.jpg

Claus

It's a perfect opportunity for a gung-ho customizer - one that's really good with his or her welding - to flush-mount a pair of rectangular reverse light bezels into the bumper itself.

-Kurt

When i was going to do a custom taillight panel on my 71, i too was going to move the reverse lights to the lower valance. I got a pair of repop '68 corvette reverse lights. Small, flush mounted, and relatively easy to mount. Unfortunately i never went threw with the taillight project.

Hi

Thanks for all the answer.

It would be interresting if the led back up strips are legal in europe. I dont think so :/

The pic looks really good and its seen on most cars with the shelby taillight. But im going for something different.

The bumper idea is also sweet

Hi Andreas,

I ordered the LED from Mustang-Projekt.In our Mustang-Club a lot of `66,`67,`68 Mustangs got LED Taillight.

No Problem with the Police or with German TÜV.

If you drive behind the car the refulgence make you blind....:cool:

Claus

Back