Biggest Car Pet Peeves

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. Every kid I see at a red light wants me to race them. It's cool that your daddy bought you a new Mustang, but this one is heavy and old and a little lazy. Just like me.
I agree with this. For some reason I am always the one at the front during a red light, the person on the side of me will rev their engine and take off when the light goes green. I think they get angry when they see I wasn't interested and don't race them.

One pet peeve that really bothers me is when the older guys look at me and ask if the car is my dads. When I say no, they ask "well, is it your boyfriends?" WRONG AGAIN! YES, a young girl can have her own antique car and know a thing or two MORE than you about them! lol
My mom gets that a LOT. She finds it incredibly insulting....

Pet peevs, mmmm let me think well people slamming my door when they get out. I hate that and people thinking they have to look at my car with they're hands. I know you know the type. I hate when some kid comes up behind me and tries to get me to race them. Oh I know I'm driving down main street USA in moderate traffic and young guys will try to get me to do a burn out by giving the spin signal. Like I'm going to do that just for they're entertainment.

Good for you Elizabeth! More women with Mustangs!

Well, this isn't exactly a "pet peave", but this happens more than it should......when I park in a parking lot, and another car parks right up next to me. The doors on my Mach are long, and people just don't consider that I need room to open the door and get in or out. I've had to do the "Limbo" many times trying to get in to my car with out my door touching another car. Good thing I'm not a fat guy or it would sometimes be impossible. Then again, what do I expect? Courtesy is not something the influx of drivers here in California are getting to be known for!
So glad that I'm not the only one that does this. This place is therapy, I tell you.
+1 on this one. I park way out in the parking lot away from all other cars and try to avoid the path of any runaway shopping carts. But every once in a while someone has parked next to me. I guess they want to get a closer look when they get out of their car. I like to park way out too so that when I'm walking back to the car I get to enjoy the view of my car sitting there.

Good for you Elizabeth! More women with Mustangs!

Well, this isn't exactly a "pet peave", but this happens more than it should......when I park in a parking lot, and another car parks right up next to me. The doors on my Mach are long, and people just don't consider that I need room to open the door and get in or out. I've had to do the "Limbo" many times trying to get in to my car with out my door touching another car. Good thing I'm not a fat guy or it would sometimes be impossible. Then again, what do I expect? Courtesy is not something the influx of drivers here in California are getting to be known for!
A+ on this one I agree on all points.
So glad that I'm not the only one that does this. This place is therapy, I tell you.
+1 on this one. I park way out in the parking lot away from all other cars and try to avoid the path of any runaway shopping carts. But every once in a while someone has parked next to me. I guess they want to get a closer look when they get out of their car. I like to park way out too so that when I'm walking back to the car I get to enjoy the view of my car sitting there.

I guess the slamming the door and how they get in and out of the car also bugs me. For the longest time people would stop at the house and want to buy one of the cars. Planted bushes and let them get 10 feet tall so they cannot see them but they still show up from time to time. Had one guy come in with an F-350 diesel with a trailer and he was going to buy the Mach 1. I kept telling him it was not for sale to just leave. He kept insisting that everything has a price and I told him that this car did not he muttered curse words got in and left had a Michigan tag. I think he saw the car in the only MCA show it was in and got my address.

David
Okay I'm cool with the folks who have no knowledge...they just want to chat and admire my car. It doesnt bother me if they are not on point with their facts...hell I couldnt tell you diddly about a new Mustang so I'm forgiving in that area. I dont get bothered with the "know it alls" but the know it alls who really dont know anything..I'll work with them and see where the conversation goes if they are friendly. Its the know it alls that have some good facts but quite honestly start trying to cut my car down in their SMUG way. I'll shut them down pretty quick.

Now for the guy that says "everything is for sale" :D We are showing the convertible in Daytona at the Turkey Rod Run. A friend and I are walking the grounds, wife and his wife are under the canopy relaxing. A guy is hounding the wife to sell the car, after many not for sale replys she finally says "okay I'll sell it to you ....25,000!" he replys well its an original car...it needs paint I cant give that" she replys "then you need to stop running your mouth if you dont have the money...you can leave now":D

She will GIVE you the Mach I...dont insult her on the convertible!!! :D

Yes there's a lot of experts out there. Like the guy who told me he had a car just like mine except it was a Mach2 and of course it was a big block.
Mach 2... haha. Some people are just too jealous. Why can't they just accept the fact that yes they are cool cars, and no they don't have one.

I can't deal with snobby people.. I treat you with respect, and I deserve the same. If I like someones car I am not embarrassed to say it. I would never tell someone that their model was not as good as a another.. Never mind make something up because I can't deal with the facts.

However, I do not know the person who said that.. There is always the possibility that they were a misinformed buyer who really do think they have a Mack 2 :rolleyes:

Mach 2....that's a new one, I don't think I've ever heard that before. Although, there was a woman at a boat drag race that I was at, who saw the car and boat combination on the highway earlier that morning as I was driving in. She told me I should consider taking the number 1 off the Mach 1 emblems, and replace it with an "O", because the combination looked so "MACHO" to her. I did get a kick out of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
She told me I should consider taking the number 1 off the Mach 1 emblems, and replace it with an "O", because the combination looked so "MACHO" to her. I did get a kick out of that.
Actually "Mach1" is one step above "MachO" :D

Oh crap now you got me singing that stupid song.

Yes there's a lot of experts out there. Like the guy who told me he had a car just like mine except it was a Mach2 and of course it was a big block.
Mach 2... haha. Some people are just too jealous. Why can't they just accept the fact that yes they are cool cars, and no they don't have one.

I can't deal with snobby people.. I treat you with respect, and I deserve the same. If I like someones car I am not embarrassed to say it. I would never tell someone that their model was not as good as a another.. Never mind make something up because I can't deal with the facts.

However, I do not know the person who said that.. There is always the possibility that they were a misinformed buyer who really do think they have a Mack 2 :rolleyes:
LOL you know the type one to many beers and balls the size of beach balls after all of that Budwiser. "Mine looked just like that only mine was a Mach2 and I had a Big block with dual Quads and headers."

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K., this is something I complain about all the time now,....and It's not just Mustang specific. My '71 is stock, stock tires, stock height. In today's world, ( at least here in Los Angeles ), the road is being strangled by SUV's of every make, New,huge, pickup trucks, and people with tinted ( read that "blacked-out")windows. It's so bad that I can't see around the car in front of me anymore. it's like driving behind a semi-truck all the time, except for semis don't just stop or change lanes without signaling! Again, my car isn't lowered, it's stock......everything else is just too big to see around, or through. I have to allow 6 car lengths minimum just in case someone decides to stop up ahead, because I can't visually anticipate what's going on ahead of me. i'm sure Corvette owners suffer the same dilemma.

When I'm President, big vehicles and blacked-out window vehicles will be required to only travel in the slow lane, so us "regular" cars can travel un-cluttered, out of our way.

Yup, blacked out rear windowed suvs. I have a black excursion with factory tinted windows that are dark but not blacked out.

Once, I was in a Jack In The Box, at the drive-up window, in my Mach 1, and the young guy handing me food and change remarked.." Nice car..I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas ". To that I calmly replied.." Nope, surprisingly it burns every drop."

Once, I was in a Jack In The Box, at the drive-up window, in my Mach 1, and the young guy handing me food and change remarked.." Nice car..I'll bet it wastes a lot of gas ". To that I calmly replied.." Nope, surprisingly it burns every drop."
Perfect reply! You should've got a free taco for that one. ::thumb::

I like when people tell me a 351 cleveland is just a 302 with 351 windsor heads ;) Heard that from a few chevy guys " had to correct" lol
But if they are selling a Mustang, then every 302 is a Boss! I always did have a desire to own a rare Boss 302 2v.

Yup, blacked out rear windowed suvs. I have a black excursion with factory tinted windows that are dark but not blacked out.
I drove by the same spot on I-95 everyday for 5 years!!! A DPS TROOPER sat in that same spot for nearly 5 years. Everyday I drove by in my Expedition with the factory tint windows. HE or THEY NEVER stopped me.

We are moving back to Texas. My wife is pulling the 12 ft. trailer behind the Expy. SHE gets pulled over. I see this in the big truck and pull over . THE JACKAZZ is checking her window tint. FOR GAWD SAKE it is a 50 yr old woman and a 10 year old girl and a EFF"N CAT!!! he is ticketing her!!!!! FOR WINDOW TINT! I get out to see what all the excitement is .... and walk back casually and carefully. I pleasantly ask "officer what did she do"...he RESPONDS! "SIR GET BACK TO YOUR VEHICLE this is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!! I responded that is my wife and child we were driving 10 mph under the speed limit I feel I have a right to know ......

WOOO BOY HE CAME UNGLUED!!!!! for the first time I felt "uncomfortable" speaking to a law enforcement officer. After reading some other comments... I now know they are NOT to be trusted.

Back