• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Black deluxe door panels needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 351c FMX trans and 9 inch rear end
I am hoping that someone out there in 71-73 Mustang-land has a nice set of black door panels that they would like to sell.

I am at the "end" of my restoration (there never really is an end), and there are two truths that need to be addressed. First, the door panels that were on the car were complete garbage and secondly the back pocket money Momma don't know about has about dried up. Sadly, the old door panels are not salvageable, (as you can see from the pictures) the vinyl is heavily cracked and peeling, the foam behind is deteriorated and the backing is badly warped and cracked. I have never seen another door panel cracked down the middle like the passenger side did. I bought the car in Vegas, the desert heat is great for keeping sheet metal dry and rust free, but brutal on the interior trim parts. The insert panels, with the wood grain, are not great either, each have scratches and dings in them and the woodgrain vinyl is peeling.

I have been told that the TMI panels are the best and they are almost a g-note and the trim panels are another $300, and I know Momma don't want to hear about spending another almost $1500.00 after just buying the new 15x8 magnums and tires. My plan is to just drive it without trim panels and get the new ones next spring.

If someone has a nice set of used ones, that would would be great, because the car would be a little more finished now. I am hoping to drive it to shows and cruises for what's left of this summer, and the more complete it is, the better. Please PM me if you have some door panels you would like to sell. Either with or without speaker grilles is fine, I have door speakers but I can add the grilles if they don't have them. I would prefer black but if you have a nice set that are a different color, I don't mind dyeing them. Thanks

Mach 1 (14).jpgMach 1 (15).jpg

I would love to give your extra nice door panels a good home, LOL :LOL:

Mach 1 918.jpgMach 1 919.jpg

Last edited:
Back