The F100 I've spoken about in posts.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code convert., 351C 2V, FMX, 9in., Ram air, Pwr Steering, Pwr Disc brakes, air-conditioning, 15" sport wheels, Ivy Glo w/white deluxe interior.
This was the '66 F100 I've mentioned multiple times.

Copy of new pics 019.JPG
Right after the day I brought it home from my cousin's house 15 April 2012 and right before I started the power Front disc conversion. Twin I-Beam suspension made that difficult to find but a breeze to do. Much less difficult than our current project but finding an alignment shop was the biggest trick, almost as difficult as our projects now. Trouble is, the I-Beam bender was what made it a very unique shop to find. Luckily, we had one such shop in our town and everything worked great.
new pictures 05-23 007.JPG
The first aftermarket manifold and header I ever purchased. My Mustang was a much barer-bones project being a high schooler making minimum wage. I think it was $2.65 hr.?!

f100 001 (2).JPG
This was February 2017. Completed just shortly before the picture and sold that same month. Kinda wished now I hadn't, but we were downsizing, and I had to pick something. Was told it was me or the truck. Since it's not a van, I couldn't live in it down by the river.
To be very honest, I really was looking fr a project but the welding that needed to be completed was well beyond my efforts. So, we started down the shop path and wow, what a learning curve with having this at 4 different shops.
The first two, #1 grossly underbid and pushed it out of the shop in the pouring rain, completely dismantled and refused to finish work he was paid to do. He was also a loose cannon, and I simply wanted to escape with all the parts and my health, so I just arranged to get the truck to another shop.
Shop #2, let's just say that when the flatbed brought it to the shop, we found a house with 3 make-shift garages built together. The first thought was, we were screwed. The second thought was to turn the truck around because you could see exactly where it was going to lead to. Should have listened to my thoughts but we didn't have a garage. That's only a shed in the picture and while it was 12X24 and on a filled in foundation wall slab, it wouldn't have supported the truck on the deep end. While he did get things painted and reassembled, his 3-month timeline, his quote, turned into almost 2 years. In the end, he bagged all the replacement panels and half of the replacement parts purchased, ignored the resources for converting to Power Steering with 3-spd. column shift from Bendix to Saginaw, even after repeated questions and supplies were provided. It should be noted, the weld from shortening the steering column shaft failed dung an inspection after but luckily while not driving.

Shop #3, did get the steering cleared up and for the most part, rewired it but, it was still a complete mess because the tech assigned for the repairs, stopped working on it because he under quoted the number of hours and was holding it for more money.

Finally, shop #4 got it cleaned up as far as the paint and some body work but also found a bunch of rust holes in the bottom of the fuel tank. Given it was inside the cab, figured it needed to be addressed. Unfortunately, by this time, we were so fed up with things, after the tank issue, I brought it home and took care of everything else myself.
Investing in the tools to finish/fix the botched rewire, added a new HEI disty and it was a sweet ride. The truck cover did save me too. Not a fun story to write but did find some comical moments to look back on. This is why I'm doing everything myself now. Plus, having a garage helps.

Sorry, nothing for the '66 notchback, everything is on negatives and that's if I could even find the box. After 13 moves in 39 years, things disappear.

Back