Black interior shine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyup

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351 2v Carb, RamAir
1965 Coupe 302 4V
Just purchased 1965 Mustang coupe (302 4v). Interior is in very nice condition but the black looks "just dull".
I see so many nice clean and shinny interiors on this site and know how much time and effort is spent to get
the cars to looks that way. Just wondering what products I should look for or avoid to point me in
the right direction.

Attachments

• image000000 (3).jpg
    image000000 (3).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • image000000 (2).jpg
    image000000 (2).jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 9
First thing is to thoroughly clean the seats with a good vinyl/leather cleaner and a soft bristle brush and plenty of microfiber towels to clean up the dirt. After the seats are nice and clean I like the 303 Aerospace Protectant, leaves a nice shine without it being greasy. Whatever you do, do not use Armor All, that thing is greasy and nasty as hell.

+1 on the 303 as well. Awesome UV protection and leaves a deep, natural finish with minimal gloss. Glossy vinyl interiors are a pet peeve.

Thanks for the info on 303. I never liked the greasy feel of Armor All. I went on amazon to purchase 303 aerospace protectant and found out that
there is quite a few options . ( Its a specialized world I guess ). Will let you know how it works. Thanks again.

I use 303 as well for the UV protection. However, I DO like a nice shine, even on vinyl. Looks nice to me. I might be in the minority! :)

Latest posts

Back