Blew up the '11 last night :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the mustangsource for my 07 I will check classifieds there.

I think maybe...lol!

That hole is on the drivers side, right above the oil pan behind the motor mount. That explains the oil all over the undercarriage, and sprayed up the back of the tail light panel! These coyotes take 8 qts...all 8 are on the bottom of the car somewhere! It's gonna be harder to clean up than to change the damn motor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I haven't been around in a while, so long story short...

#7 rod snapped off right below the wrist pin, slapped back & forth and blew a hole in both sides of the block right above the oil pan. It's now going to become an engine block coffee table for my living room. I was lucky enough to find a short block on another forum for $1400 with only 9k miles on it about an hr and a half away from my house. I had my heads decked, replaced 4 bent intake valves, put it all back together and was back on the road for WAY less than a Coyote crate motor! That was a few thousand miles ago and other than a check engine light for a bad 02 sensor everything is running great!

I had it on the track at Maple Grove Raceway back in August at the American Muscle show and on my 2nd try put down a 13.144et @ 109.69mph. Not bad for the 4th time ever drag racing in my life on 20" radials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back