Bought a 1972 Coupe/Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Current Vehicles:
2010 Mustang GT
2008 Lincoln Navigator
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
1997 Mercedes SL500 AMG Roadster

I got a pretty decent deal for this 2 owner California car. Im in cali now going to pick it up. Ill add more photos when I get back to Phoenix. Im in LA and its 79 degrees I thought it would be hot here. Going to San Luis Obispo in the morning. This car also has the 351 Cleveland and has about everything a mach 1 would have. Like the 3 gauges in the center dash and the tach. Im stoked! Mach 1s are to expensive for me right now but I wanted something older. This ones going to need paint but Ill worry about that later down the line, the body is straight that matters most and my Fox and Shelby have dibs on the garage right now anyway. Now I only need one from the 60's and one from the 80's and Ill be set. I need more room at home. :D Its all original and has had the top end rebuilt, I dont know anything yet will pick it up Monday morn. Having to wait for uhaul to open since its Sunday.

$T2eC16NHJIgFHR7QPNTwBR3FYdRkW!~~60_3.JPG-1758215045.jpegRear72-2110370946.jpegFront721114615881.jpeg$T2eC16ZHJGsFFMm92wKoBR3FZVo5Z!~~60_3.JPG1499646066.jpegRearseats72-712287972.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, looks to be about the same color as mine which is pretty cool given you don't see too many gold ones Also looks a lot like my car on the inside (w/ the exception of the wheel) too.

Dunno if your partial to gold (I'll admit I wasn't to start with) but I really hope you're not think about changing the color on it....although having said that maybe a black top would look better w/ it.

Very solid, original-looking 72 Grande. - Don't see them like that much anymore. Seems like coupes and hardtops are the first to get hot-rodded/modded.

Interesting to see the Marti report on that one.

Congrats!

Ray

Awesome, Joe! Glad to have ya back on-board. :D

Can't wait to see how you make it your own.

Great looking car and excellent find, just curious the paint looks orig and real nice from the photos why are you repainting it?

Great looking car..Looks nice and clean too. if you want the mach 1 look..Not too hard to get them out of a coupe...I got to say i like the coupe's with the NASA hood and stripes on them.

WOW ! that looks like it was well cared for. Nice find. :cool:

Ah, very nice indeed! Mint coupe with a Cleveland, AC, and the woodgrain gauge package. Wow. That would be a car i certainly would have put a bid on! Now the question; do you leave it just as it is or make improvements? I updated my 72 vert H, just to make it faster and smoother. But i dont have the same pkgs your car has either. Best of luck with it! A tach, you have the tach too! And oem factory matching pony rubber floor mats? Holy smokes, its a museum car!

I was just looking again at your pics. The hood gaps are amazing! The hoods often bow from front to rear over time due to their length and the hinges getting stiffer on the pivots. You might want to make sure they stay well lubed! Tough to keep an original hood so smooth! Nice. Also i have a set of hub caps that would look good on that car. I dont know what they are called but they are for the 14" steel wheels and look upscale with the white stripe sidewall tires. You should take a lot of pics of the engine compartment because its tough to remember the exact factory vac hose installation and wiring layout. And never toss out the worn original hoses, harnesses, plug wires, or the clamps or bolts...its a pain trying to find replacement parts without the original numbers that they all have!

Back