Brake failure

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just for ha ha's i would send those pictures to a customer service person at Baer it looks like you had metal fatigue in the bracket where the corner broke off under load (axle wrapped up when you put it in reverse) broke off the end of the bracket, bolt fell out and caliper, cobbled around inside the rim (indicators showing it tumbled around) before stopping and blowing a hole in the rim. If anything they might send you the parts for the brakes and all your out is a rim, or best case they pay for it all. Worst case your in the same position. I'm not saying to contact them just because it its clear you had a component failure and that bracket should have been hardened.

Mfg's want to know about stuff like this so they can make their products better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the fatigue is caused by the bracket having one bolt completely missing. I'll never use Baer products again, but in fairness, I don't think it was the cause of the failure. Everything is back together with new steel brackets and all it lacks is a final parking brake adjustment and I want to change a fitting on the hardline to get rid of an adapter before I bleed the system. Been too cold and wet to drive here lately, so I haven't been in a hurry. Should get it done this weekend if nothing else gets in the way. Cost of repair was nearly 500.00 in parts. But it all came out nicer than it was before, so I guess I will have to chalk it up to experience.

Back