Help with braking issue. PLEASE. I am stumped at this point.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Thought I would update this thread. I was sick for a couple days, so nothing was getting done. Felt better yesterday and decided to do some additional testing. Got the car up on the lift and the front tires off. Got in and pumped up the brakes. Cracked the bleeder screw on driver side, no squirt. Repumped for good measure and cracked the bleeder screw on passenger side. Lots of pressure. So IE there is something with caliper or the line that is holding pressure. Pumped up again and this time cracked open the fitting connecting the soft line to the hard line. No build up of pressure. IE its either the flex line or Caliper. Cracked the caliper side of the flex line and lots of pressure. Removed flex line completely. tried to snake a wire through it. Got about 3" from the caliper side and stopped. Tried to force it and could tell I was pushing into something. Pulled wire back and it had a small amount of soft rubber on it. Installed a new flex line and bled the brakes. Took out for a test run and NO ISSUES!!!! So I decided to wash it up last night as it was covered in over 2 years of dust etc. Ready for the IMU (Iowa Mustangs Unstabled) show this Saturday!!! I did do some careful examination of the old like and did not find any crush marks on the old hose but it was hard in the spot where I ran into the blockage. I will cut it open when I have time to see what it actually was.
Wow. Interesting. I wonder if it came like that from factory or got clogged later on. Thank you for sharin.

Back