Brake lines routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hey,

Does anyone have a diagram showing how the front break and rear line mounts to the firewall? I'm not sure where the clips mount. Some are obvious but I'm not sure if there is one under the power booster.

Here you go...I have other pics of firewall if you get stuck.

Jeff

2ccm2iu.jpg

Hey,

Does anyone have a diagram showing how the front break and rear line mounts to the firewall? I'm not sure where the clips mount. Some are obvious but I'm not sure if there is one under the power booster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go...I have other pics of firewall if you get stuck.

Jeff

2ccm2iu.jpg

Hey,

Thanks Jeff....that helps. Are there any mounts on the driver side apron or does it just go into the distribution block?

Also where the line comes out from the passenger side brakes, my line is not up against the apron with a clip. Its off of the apron probably 4". Is that correct? The vent canister is right in this location. If you have more pics to share that would be great.

Thanks for your help,

D.Rolls

Here are a couple more.

Front

Rear
Wow! That's a huge help. Thanks for sharing that. Did you get new brake clips? Trying to locate the single and double clips.

Couple more that may answer your questions...I just got done replacing all mine and was really glad I took all the pics.

Jeff

118k1g9.jpg

2z9cndf.jpg

282e4g.jpg
That's a huge help. Thanks

Here are a couple more.

Front

Rear
Did the trans line strapped to the brake line on the drivers side come with the new trans lines? I'm not seeing the piece in any pictures of the new trans lines I'm looking at to purchase. Are there two lines in the kit? I think there may be a rubber hose connection? Also did you get the vent gas line strapped to the firewall with the brake line going to passenger side in a kit with the gas line?

Thanks,

D. Rolls

Here are a couple more.

Front

Rear
Oh, I wish I had looked for this posting before attempting to install the front to rear brake line on my 71' Mach 1.  The line I have appears to be several inches too long. Also, I was attempting to route the brake lines based on the orientation of the line clips already installed.  Looking at your photos I see that your clip are positioned differently. 

I over bent one of the ninety degree bends in my attempt to get the line to fit. I'm going to order another line and follow your routing path. Could you please tell me what manufacturer produced your front to rear line. 

Thanks

This post will be very handy when I replace all the brake lines. I just wish I could pull the engine and transmission and blast and paint the under side and engine bay and give it fresh paint like that. Damn that looks good.

Back