Brake Pedal Hanger Removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canook2u

Reaction score
My Car
Manual drum brakes, switching to pwr disc.
I have recently acquired a weathered '71 Mach1 w/ 351, manual drum brakes. The MC & wheel cylinders have all leaked out. I want to pull the brake pedal bracket & have removed everything at the firewall, but am unclear as to what-all needs disconnected at the dash end. please help.

I guess the first question is why do you want to remove the pedal support? It isn't necessary to service the parts you say are leaking.

There are a lot of things to unbolt to get the pedal support out. Here is a rather busy exploded view of the support and associated brakets.

1724598011839.png

And the steering column bracket...

1724598121868.png

I forgot to mention that I was converting to power disc brakes. In order to do the power conversion PROPERLY, the hanger & pedal must be removed & modified accordingly. Had to pull the instrument cluster & the steering column brackets. the hanger has been removed, modified & re-installed. no small job upside-down under the dash, but it is done!!!

Back