• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brakes, Exhaust, Suspension, Steering items and miscellaneous

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I need to open space in my garage so I want to start getting rid of some stuff I took out of my car this year. These items were in working condition when removed but they were used. I don't have a price in mind, so make me an offer if they have some value to you. Most of these items are heavy so figure out you will be covering shipping, or you will come to Wisconsin to pick them up. Pictures show some of the items.

I can't guarantee that any of these items are original since I have owned the car for only a little more than 2 years. If you are interested, just let me know and if you ask me what to look for I can provide pictures.

-Front disc brakes: discs, calipers, hoses and hardware.

-Drum cylinders: drum, pads and all hardware.

-Brake master cylinder for front disc/rear drum.

-Mid section of exhaust pipe including H-pipe. From OEM collectors to just before muffler.

-New set of Energy Suspension PUR tie rod bushings - yes, the ones that we are not supposed to use.

-New Polyurethane Steering Coupler CSC-311

-Also have the original seat platforms. They were sandblasted, but they need repair. (metal's bin)

-Scott Drake spring perches used for about a year, less than 1,000 miles on them - very good condition.

Items that I don't know why you will want them:

-LCAs with leaky ball joints.

-UCAs with newly installed ball joint, but bushings not in great shape. Ball joints are Moogs and were never used so I could remove and just sale these.

-Original vinyl from seats (decent condition).

20160809_123331.jpg

20161031_183518_resized.jpg

20161031_183555_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Knock... knock...

Trying this one more time. If I don't get rid of these soon, some of them will end up in ebay and others in the trash.

I am willing to give some of this stuff for free as long as you take care of shipping. Let me know.

Exceptions: brake discs, disc backing plates, master cylinder and new upper ball joints; maybe drums.

I also have a set of used (in good condition) chrome shock tower top covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear that someone is interested on this stuff. I am thinking about keeping the discs, but I can rid of the calipers if any of you are interested.

Heardatbeat, if you want the calipers you were the first to respond. Otherwise, NotAT5 is next in line.

I will need whatever the shipping charges are.

Also, I have a very new set of Scott Drake spring perches. They were installed about a year and used less than 1,000 miles. I just upgraded to roller perches so these are like new. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Well I have all around drum brakes so I would like to convert the front ones to disc. If it has the major components I am interested

Well I have all around drum brakes so I would like to convert the front ones to disc. If it has the major components I am interested
I have the master cylinder, discs and calipers+hoses. They are in used condition, having been removed year and half ago they were working at that time. You will still need to get a spindle. I don't know what other items you will need.

You will need lots of parts. The pedal is actually different has a different pivot point. Need the master cylinder, brake booster, Vacuum line to intake, brake lines hard and flex, proportioning valve, spindles with dust shields, calipers, discs. The opening in the firewall is also different I believe. Best if you can get it all from one car. I sold one I had for $300 locally he said he had been looking for years for one and he took it off.

Back