C4 shift rod bushing help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japrine

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
Hello everyone, I need some help figuring out what I am missing. I am trying to connect my shift rod to my C4 but the rod doesnt have any kind of bushing. Does anybody know of a part number or website where I can order this bushing and clip/pin that I need?

The original rod had a slot for the bushing linked to above and the other end was a 90* bend with a washer and hairpin clip to retain it to the transmission lever.

The original rod had a slot for the bushing linked to above and the other end was a 90* bend with a washer and hairpin clip to retain it to the transmission lever.
Correct but I think I'm missing something on the 90 bend side of the rod. I figure either the rod or the transmission lever should have a bushing because it is a very loose fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct but I think I'm missing something on the 90 bend side of the rod. I figure either the rod or the transmission lever should have a bushing because it is a very loose fit.
The MPC doesn't show a bushing on the transmission end, only the shifter side. That said, the column shift versions for other car lines did have a bushing. Part #s show as C7SZ-7341A and D2SZ-7341A. A very common part and probably available in the HELP! section of your local auto parts store or any Mustang parts shop.

Mustang shifter.JPG

The MPC doesn't show a bushing on the transmission end, only the shifter side. That said, the column shift versions for other car lines did have a bushing. Part #s show as C7SZ-7341A and D2SZ-7341A. A very common part and probably available in the HELP! section of your local auto parts store or any Mustang parts shop.

Thanks! that's exactly what I need ::thumb:::bravo:

Back