C4 with gear vendor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to help, I meant to leave some comments on the pictures but they are pretty self explanatory.

I had to reroute the exhaust. The convertible has a plate that crosses the tunnel under the car. My exhaust was running through it but with the GV it was too tight so now I run below it. So take a look at yours. The Coupe doesn't have the plate but it wouldn't surprise me if the exhaust might need to be modified depending on how it's run currently.

Glad to help, I meant to leave some comments on the pictures but they are pretty self explanatory.

I had to reroute the exhaust. The convertible has a plate that crosses the tunnel under the car. My exhaust was running through it but with the GV it was too tight so now I run below it. So take a look at yours. The Coupe doesn't have the plate but it wouldn't surprise me if the exhaust might need to be modified depending on how it's run currently.
I’ll have the local exhaust guy take care of that. I have 3” pipe from the headers to the muffler. I may even be fine how it is

I've used the Gear Vendor and the Hone O Drive overdrives. The only thing I don't like about the Gear Vendor Unit is it only offer a 20% Gear reduction where the old Hone O Drive was 30%, a big difference. I would just use a AOD/AODE , I really prefer the 4R70W with the lower first gear. On the C6 I used the gear set from a 4wd application to get the lower first gear and then I added a Gear Vendor Overdrive.

Back