camshaft primer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't something you read once and you "got it". However, without some understanding of the basics you can't pick a cam that will work for your application or know if the "cam guru" is recommending a cam that will work for your application. As with most things, when in doubt, pick the less aggressive. Chuck

It isn't something you read once and you "got it". However, without some understanding of the basics you can't pick a cam that will work for your application or know if the "cam guru" is recommending a cam that will work for your application. As with most things, when in doubt, pick the less aggressive. Chuck
I know, I'm going to bookmark that link but it's a lot of information all at once. I'm serious though Chuck, thank you. I've wondered for a long time about all the little details in engines, and with all the information you give us I've learned a lot.

Sometimes I get confused with these articles. "A solid cam will behave like a hydraulic with duration at 0.050-inch spec. of approximately 10 degrees less duration. All of this makes it very difficult to exactly match a solid and hydraulic lifter cam; it certainly can't be done by matching the numbers in a cam catalog or on a spec card." so does that mean a solid cam with [email protected] would behave like a hyd with [email protected]? I know it's not that difficult.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0606em_camshaft_specs/viewall.html#ixzz2IBR98a7o

Sometimes I get confused with these articles. "A solid cam will behave like a hydraulic with duration at 0.050-inch spec. of approximately 10 degrees less duration. All of this makes it very difficult to exactly match a solid and hydraulic lifter cam; it certainly can't be done by matching the numbers in a cam catalog or on a spec card." so does that mean a solid cam with [email protected] would behave like a hyd with [email protected]? I know it's not that difficult.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0606em_camshaft_specs/viewall.html#ixzz2IBR98a7o
Ever see one of those movies where the mathmatician has filled about 5 full chalk boards and still hasn't wrote the equals sign yet? There you go!

Back