Can anyone ID these rims.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
Restoring 1973 Mustang Coupe. Dream Car
I have these rims on my 1973 Coupe. They have been on for the whole restoration. I have forgotten where they came from. Can anyone ID them, the car they may belong to or even a year. Any clues would help. To many Resto jobs going on in the past 10 years. Thanks.

image.jpg

They look like steel wheels to me. I'm thinking 69-70 Cougar.

Is this it?

325899.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That sure looks like them. Any markings anywhere? I have no clue how I ended up with 4 on my Stang. Myself, my husband and both our sons only have stangs from 65 to 12. Only thing I can think of is the 4 years at the body shop. I checked out photos when I took her into the place in 09. 73 slotted rims where on the car then. Anyone know where I can find some 73 slotted rims? Just another missing item from my rip off body shop deal.

Because of the slotted mounting holes, I'm thinking Keystone Classics. I don't believe factory rims (i.e. Cougars) would have the slotted holes (for multiple applications).

Just my $.02 ;)

That sure looks like them. Any markings anywhere? I have no clue how I ended up with 4 on my Stang. Myself, my husband and both our sons only have stangs from 65 to 12. Only thing I can think of is the 4 years at the body shop. I checked out photos when I took her into the place in 09. 73 slotted rims where on the car then. Anyone know where I can find some 73 slotted rims? Just another missing item from my rip off body shop deal.
They stole your wheels?

Yes! they took my wheels and broke my black center console (that took me 1 year to restore). Along with loss of all windows and door parts, gas tank and filler parts. I researched shops for 2 yrs to have my body work done. When I choose a shop. It was in its prime. All went well for 6 mo as they worked on my car. Then I got cancer and after loosing a Kidney and multiple surgeries, and chemo I became weak and unable to check on my car. They moved the shop, but lost my ram air, and a huge amount of 73 parts you can not just pull off another car. I got stronger and flipped when I was able to track down my car. Shop going under. So I pulled my car and now have it at home trying to fix her. I am working on her I between surgeries and chemo. I learned a very hard lesson in life. Money up front never pays. 20,000 in the wind. Now I am trying to go over the car. Find all they have jimmy rigged, correct, fix and start over. I am now disabled due to the cancer, but I am a hard headed female that loves her 73 Coupe and will drive her before I die. No rip off will ever stop my dream. Sorry for the babble. You hit a anger spot.

Thanks for the ID. Now will search for original rims for 73. Ya all have been super helpful. Set of 4 now on my search list.

I have a buddy who just went through similar issues with a local body shop. He took his '70 Camaro in to have the trunk and quarters replaced, then the whole car painted. They had the car for almost a year, kept asking for money every few months and not doing squat with the car. When he threatened to take the business to someone else, they half-assed tossed on his quarters, trimmed a bunch of stuff on the frame rails and other non-affected sheet metal, and never touched the trunk... then demanded more money. Every time he went to them to check progress, they kept telling him 'the guy' working on his car was either sick, had quit, or was otherwise not available - different excuse every time. I get the whole "gotta work the collision and premium jobs first" mantra that body shops have... but when you're talking over $8000 laid out for the work, it seems like it should be one of those 'main line' jobs to me.

Anyway, he eventually got fed up and told them he was going to take his car somewhere else, and they flipped. When he went in, they'd half-assed his quarters, poorly cut and installed the trunk pan, and trimmed sheet metal in places that would've been otherwise unaffected had they done it all properly. Basically, they crapped out a bunch of work to show him they'd made some progress... and done it very poorly.

My whole point: He recovered his car and took them to court. He had a paper trail (receipts) of the money he'd given them, pictures of the car before and after (also, during several of his visits, to show lack of progress), and even pulled his phone records to show that he'd attempted contact to get things moving. The court awarded him $8500, he bought another car & transferred over his restoration parts, then sold the 'hacked up' car to a guy to make a race car.

If you have any of those types of 'records,' you might be able to recoup at least some of your money.

Good luck with it all.

Yes, I do have a Nice long paper trail. Lawyer already working on issues. But you can not get money out of a shop that no longer is a shop. In the past year, multiple people have paid money for a cut of this shop. I lost a huge amount of money. But I am not the only one, so I have found out. I am just lucky I got my car back. Some other people are not that lucky.

Yes, I do have a Nice long paper trail. Lawyer already working on issues. But you can not get money out of a shop that no longer is a shop. In the past year, multiple people have paid money for a cut of this shop. I lost a huge amount of money. But I am not the only one, so I have found out. I am just lucky I got my car back. Some other people are not that lucky.
Sorry to hear that, Man. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a better shop to complete the work and get it all back together. I keep hearing about these elusive 'good' body shops, but always WAY more horror stories of the shady ones.

Personally, I'm beginning to think they're like armadillos: since I haven't actually seen one in operation with my own eyes, they must not exist. ;)

Nope! No more shops. I already have a date to take a few lessons for welding. Found a welder that is willing to teach me how to weld and hubby has the equipment rented from a friend. I need to go get rods, gas and a few more thing to start. I will start with the underside. Sub frame connectors 1st on the list. Most people think that females can't or won't do the work. I can and I will. Call me an angry ripped off female. I tore this 73 down to bare metal. Well now, I need to learn how to fix the metal. (Hopefully I can save the paint job). Wish me luck.

Someone you know needs to call Chip Foose and see if they can get you on "Overhauled'"
Augh... really? I suppose if she REALLY wanted the car slammed w/dubs and a ridiculous paint job... :s

Latest posts

Back