Can you shorten the steering column housing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hi everyone. I am switching the rag joint for a Borgeson u joint on my '72 for more responsive steering. It looked like it was a straight bolt on using a total control products kit that included the sliding column shaft with DD end and lower bearing housing. I have come across a problem though. The steering column housing is a couple of inches too long while everything else came together nicely. Has anyone collapsed the housing to shorten it? If so, how did you do it?

So I finally solved my problem. After some testing of different parts and kits, I discovered you only need 2 parts from Summit that bolt on with no modifications to the car and eliminate the rag joint on a manual steering setup. I'll make a new post and call it how to delete the rag joint so it's easy to find in the future.

So I finally solved my problem. After some testing of different parts and kits, I discovered you only need 2 parts from Summit that bolt on with no modifications to the car and eliminate the rag joint on a manual steering setup. I'll make a new post and call it how to delete the rag joint so it's easy to find in the future.
Interested

Back