Carb Rebuild Questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I finished putting the carb back together today and installed it on the car. It started after the fuel bowls filled and ran really smooth. I let it warm up for a few minutes and hooked up the vacuum gauge. It read steady at 16.5 at idle. I took it for a test run and I've got to say it runs better than it ever has. It accelerates much crisper and with a lot more enthusiasm than before. Now I can easily shake the rear end loose and leave some nice rubber on the road. I may need to do some fine tuning but it really does feel like driving a different car. Thanks to all who helped with tech support and good advice. On to the next project...

the brand of shocks is decent and will provide a stock like ride . . if you want something firmer, and affordable i would look at the white kyb's . . if you want slightly stiffer suspension you can install stiffer front springs . . 480 lb are a good increase over stock.i

Thanks barnett468,

I've heard pretty good reviews of the kyb's. I was also looking at these:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/shock-kit-kyb-gr2-1971-1973/p/KYBK2/

Are these the ones you are referring to?

I'm looking for a firm but comfortable ride at the stock ride height.
no prob, you're welcome.

ok the old GR2 is now called the excel G and is painted a different color . . these are the bottom end of their shocks.

The gas adjust is the stiffer shock but more money,

http://www.cjponyparts.com/kyb-shock-kit-gas-a-just-1971-1973/p/KYBK3/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=CKDv5OLc4cECFYhzMgodwTQAgw

if your front end is super soft where it almost or does bottom over normal dips at intersections etc., then you need stiffer springs in addition to good shocks.

if you need some i or someones else can make some suggestions.

I put Excel G KYB's shocks in the front and the back, I'm happy with them, ordered from Rockauto.

Did you change the coil's in the front or cut them of to get the car lower?

I put Excel G KYB's shocks in the front and the back, I'm happy with them, ordered from Rockauto.

Did you change the coil's in the front or cut them of to get the car lower?
Thanks manu! They are a little cheaper at Rockauto. No I have not lowered the car. I'm pretty happy with the stance.

Back