Carpet drama

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayro

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang baby blue with clevo 351
Hey all,

So I’m based here in Australia. Was told carpet was in stock so removed and disposed of old. Treated the whole floor area just as precaution while no carpet. Now told no carpet from the states until mid March 😭

He does have in stock Mach 1 fast back carpet but not sure if it fits my coupe model. Any idea if same floor configuration?

Cheers
Jase

Attachments

• IMG_7555.jpeg
    IMG_7555.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I suspect you will have fitment issues trying to install coupe carpet in fastback. Considering the cost and time factor is getting carpet shipped to Australia, it might be worth installing some inexpensive indoor/outdoor carpet to keep you on the road until the correct one is available.

I have a 69 Mustang convertible with Olive green carpet that I needed to replace this past fall. The 13K mileage carpet I installed in 2005 had severe UV fading to yellow on the trans tunnel humps. NPD said they one carpet (w/vinyl foot-pads) in stock nationwide for my car. When it arrived, the label on the dusty box said the 69 Mustang convertible Olive color carpet had been manufactured in 2006. Guess not much call for my make and trim. BTW - fit was perfect.

Here's a suggestion. ACC are one of the best makers for our carpets. Why not contact them and ask if they can supply you with Coupe carpet. I looked on their website and it looks like you can order directly. Also you could email them for more information.
Having not owned a Coupe, I am not sure what the difference might be between a Mach and a Coupe. I do see it on e-bay as well. Maybe time to look out of the box so to speak.
The difference might just be heal pads, I'm pretty sure the floor pans are the same.

https://www.accmats.com/

How much of this was needed to do your floor? What did you have before and was there a noticeable difference?
Hard to remember but I did order it twice so I think I got the 36 sq foot box 2 times and have about 1/2 box left. Depends on how much you use, I covered everything including behind the back seat. When the carpet was pulled up it was, of course, bare metal and fortunately for me, no rust at all. Noticeable difference, hard to say as I did not drive it after I got it and started the resto. My goal was to reduce heat which I think it did. Needless to say, it can't hurt!!! I would think now that my floor is covered completely with it that it would also keep water off of the floor if it was to get in but that is just my thinking.

This tool is a real help also: https://www.amazon.com/LUMITECO-Aut...f4-98b2-aee26fd306fd&pd_rd_i=B07W9BTN6G&psc=1

Last edited:
Back