Centering my Steering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geoff, yes everything was good and tight before I pulled it off.
So, what's different?
Possibly swapped left to right and vice versa, some new parts, I mentioned that before.
 Ah! so you did.

One more thought, did you get a new Idler arm and was it the correct one for the Mustang. However, I don't rally think that will cause your issue. Idler arms were covered before as many repops 'look' different to the originals, but are geometrically the same. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Good luck,

So, what's different?
Possibly swapped left to right and vice versa, some new parts, I mentioned that before.
 Ah! so you did.

One more thought, did you get a new Idler arm and was it the correct one for the Mustang. However, I don't rally think that will cause your issue. Idler arms were covered before as many repops 'look' different to the originals, but are geometrically the same. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Good luck,
Yes, idler arm was replaced with an identical looking part, don't remember where I bought it, wasn't cheap!

Ah! so you did.

Good luck,
Yes, idler arm was replaced with an identical looking part, don't remember where I bought it, wasn't cheap!
 Sounds good. That's another 'possibility' out the way!

Hi Everyone, 

So I was able to center my steering. I now have 2 turns left/right and the car goes down the road straight without pulling to either side, even when braking, but still needs a minor final alignment at the shop. Going to install Global West Camber Kit after everything's aligned. Thanks for all the advice!

Why install it after the alignment? You'll just have to take it back to the alignment shop after you install them. Or, are you going to do a before and after comparison?

Back