CHECK THIS OUT 73 VW BUS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I have a friend who just aquired one of these..They are begging me to do the body work & prep on it..I checked it out this morning & it's pretty nice..Has a few rust spots but other than that it just needs to be stripped, the panels aligned, a few small patchs & some dents fixed..I think I'm going to do it since I can do it in their garage & they are willing to pay by the hour. I aprox about 100 hours..We may do a quick video series on how to do a quickie but still good prep job for paint.

100_2074.JPG100_2075.JPG100_2078.JPG

A guy I work with has a camper version with the pop up top that he restored a couple years ago. Its pretty sweet. He wins alot of trophies with it and actually uses it every summer for camping.

Love watching your tutorials.

That's nice! My Dad was a Beetle mechanic back in the day. I grew up around beetles, Type II's and micro buses! LOL. We already decided that Super beetle resto may be in store after the Coupe is done!

A guy I work with has a camper version with the pop up top that he restored a couple years ago. Its pretty sweet. He wins alot of trophies with it and actually uses it every summer for camping.

Love watching your tutorials.
Thanks TK ! They are really cool & pretty rare..Btw we are neighbors Too bad they closed marcus but I hear the sycamore is going to pick up the slack this summer...pm me You should stop up one day & shoot the s**t

That's nice! My Dad was a Beetle mechanic back in the day. I grew up around beetles, Type II's and micro buses! LOL. We already decided that Super beetle resto may be in store after the Coupe is done!
Cool B..I always wanted to do a dune buggy ! This thing is pretty nice..& we will post as we go along..I know it's not a stang but I think for guys who don't need the whole resto rust repair deal, it could help them save a bunch of coin doing the prep & body work themselves..The tools & techniques are the same stang bug etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, more VW fans are coming out of the woodwork. Suddenly my previous VW thread doesn't seem all that inappropriate any more on a mustang forum. Bwahaha! :rofl:

Cool, more VW fans are coming out of the woodwork. Suddenly my previous VW thread doesn't seem all that inappropriate any more on a mustang forum. Bwahaha! :rofl:
Man, if these gas prices don't go down, we're all gonna be driving VW's...LOL! :D

That was a good laugh this morning Roy.

Seems like the 2 most popular cars ever are the 65/66 mustang and the VW bug. Just saying' ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back