Check your tires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost corded it didn't ya?  We used to call that a may pop, may pop at any time. Use less camber and rotate the next set. Chuck

Can't rotate, have staggered wheel sizes. These are rear tires on a IRS, so while camber can be adjusted with some replacement parts, the nature of IRS and aggressive driving it is always going to eat the middle and inside of the tire. I drive this car daily and probably had these tires for 35K miles (Though in fairness they have probably been shot for at least 7K+)

Oh and I didn't show the one that had a 1/4 bolt right through the middle of it.

Given the 35K miles and staggered setup, you got your money out of them. What car are they on? Chuck

I had one of my tires on the 73 vert break the cords on the way to the MOM last summer. I was in Charlotte NC and went to large tires store. They called all over town and could not find a 14" tire anywhere. Said they sold so few that they only kept in warehouse. So I slowed down and got back home. 

I put a new set of Cooper Cobras on and when I did I went to a set of 73 forged aluminum wheels. I had the other three old tires and wheels stacked up in garage and went to move them the other day and another had blown a knot in the tire belts had broke. They were Kelly Sprinfield made in South Africa, lol.

I am bad to run tires until the cords show.

2015 Mustang GT PP  I have a bad habit of hanging my ass out ;)
My youngest son has a 2017 GT PP. He bought a pair of PP rear wheels from his brother, who has a 2016 PP, and went to a square setup so he can rotate. He still wears out tires fast, just not as fast. Chuck

I have 2 sets of wheels and tires. My back pair of summer tires are on the car til my tire guy gets a couple tires in next week. I have thought of running a square set up, but am not willing to buy matching tires to try it.

Clearly I need to treat my tires a little better. ;)

Back