CJ Pony Parts shipping rates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
Granted I am new to this process, but is it just me or are the shipping rates from anything on CJ's completely outrageous? Regardless of what I plan on ordering, the rates are usually double the price of the item. Case in point, looking for a new NACA hood for the coupe. CJ has one for $319.00. The only option of truck freight is an additional $349.00. Total of $719 and some odd change. Dash pad...$137. With shipping $ 248. Seems pretty excessive.

NPD in Ocala is an hour drive away. Their NACA hood is $419 with onsite pickup. Pretty sure that's going to be my go-to at this point. I get the weight/transport costs, but the shipping for CJPP seems to greatly outweigh the desire to even shop with them. Think I'll just start making punch lists and taking a Saturday drive for shopping sprees.

Just curious if this is a common gripe amongst the group. Most likely this has been posted or commented on plenty in the past.

- PBR

I stopped buying from CJ several years ago due to poor service and increasing back orders. NPD, Kentucky Mustang, and Rock Auto are my preferred sources now since they have inventory and can deliver quickly. I've never experienced a back order from these. Another to consider is Virginia Classic Mustang, though I seldom buy from them they have come through when I have.

Shipping is and always has been a problem with sheetmetal parts. With NPD being so close, I'd be hard pressed to shop anywhere else. Mustangs Unlimited was 45 minutes from me, and I miss being able to order online or over the phone, and go there to pick up my parts. It was a huge advantage to be able to inspect any sheetmetal before taking it home.

CJPP has a reputation that, IMO, is well deserved. They are known for less than stellar customer service, substituting parts without contacting the customer, and "sales" that aren't sales at all. Right now they have an "up to" 20% sale +8% Halloween deal on regular priced items. The issue is that most of their parts are "on sale" all the time from some made up list or MSRP price, and that "sale" price is about the same as everyone else's "regular" price.

Their newest money grab is to automatically op you in for Extend shipping protection.

1729777059007.png

Back