Clear valve covers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
These are for a FE but they are crazy! Interesting maybe for troubleshooting ? Really different.

Remember the old visible engine models????

Ray

Visible V8: I had one, too. I don't remember finishing it to a functional piece.

Looks like the FE guy forgot to put oil in the pan... I always seem to get a lot more oil splash when setting valves at idle than this one shows at any RPM!

Looks like someone has access to some fancy schmancy lexan ovens/molds and maybe CNC/laser/waterjet for the rails.

Neat stuff, I like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I worked on a visible inline 4 banger model. I think it was souvenir from a museum. His aunt bought it for him for X-mas. It was pretty cool. It ran on a battery and even had little lights for spark plugs. We kept having trouble with the cheap timing belt twisting and coming off. But it was still pretty cool.

Very cool looking, especially with the lights. I was expecting to see more oil spraying around inside though. Wouldnt the inside get all coated with oil after running a while?

I wanted the visible v8 but all the toy store had was a Wankel Rotory. It was still fun. I had dreams of putting it into a model car but was made for that. The gear shift on the transmission was the on/off. It also had a light for the spark plug.

Very cool looking, especially with the lights. I was expecting to see more oil spraying around inside though. Wouldnt the inside get all coated with oil after running a while?
My sentiments exactly. A trend that didn't catch on in the four-wheelin' world was clear differential covers. Between all the mud and rock bashing on the outside, along with the build-up on the inside, it was a short-lived deal.

Back