Cold Air Intake System

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 CJ 4 speed HIGHLY Optioned
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Was grinding nuts off ( That DOESN'T SOUND GOOD!!) that held on my RUSTED battery tray in preparation to install NEW battery tray. After the battery tray was removed, I spotted a hollow cylinder like plastic piece attached by a metal strap to the body...I was puzzled ( Nothing NEW!!!) as to the function of the plastic piece. The oval cylinder shaped opening was down turned at the front of the car & the backside was more of a 3inch x 3inch square opening. I then realized that possibly since I'm missing my accordion-like flex intake hose that attaches to the air cleaner intake snorkel, that the plastic part was the beginning of a "Cold Air Intake System".

Does anyone have any pictures of a complete set-up?....also does anyone know where to acquire the accordion like flex air intake hose. I believe I'm missing a 90 degree turn piece that attaches to the 3inch x 3 inch end section....anybody have an extra for sale?.....THANKS!!!...Mark

Hi Mark,

Here you go...

2j0mmq1.jpg

Jeff

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Was grinding nuts off ( That DOESN'T SOUND GOOD!!) that held on my RUSTED battery tray in preparation to install NEW battery tray. After the battery tray was removed, I spotted a hollow cylinder like plastic piece attached by a metal strap to the body...I was puzzled ( Nothing NEW!!!) as to the function of the plastic piece. The oval cylinder shaped opening was down turned at the front of the car & the backside was more of a 3inch x 3inch square opening. I then realized that possibly since I'm missing my accordion-like flex intake hose that attaches to the air cleaner intake snorkel, that the plastic part was the beginning of a "Cold Air Intake System".

Does anyone have any pictures of a complete set-up?....also does anyone know where to acquire the accordion like flex air intake hose. I believe I'm missing a 90 degree turn piece that attaches to the 3inch x 3 inch end section....anybody have an extra for sale?.....THANKS!!!...Mark

Hi Mark,

Here you go...

2j0mmq1.jpg

Jeff

Hello Jeff...As Tony the Tiger Exclaims.....Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr, GREAT!!!!....the EXACT picture I needed!!....If you're ever up near San Francisco, look me up!!!!....Dinner & Drinks are on me!!!!....THANKS!!!...Mark

Jeff, your timing is PERFECT!!!, as I was looking at 1973 Mach 1 parts on eBay & spotted this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271095759365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

The EXACT part I was missing!!!!...feeling PRETTY GOOD right NOW!!!, as I hit the "buy it now" button!!!....now just need to find the accordion flex inlet hose....THANKS again!!!.....Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back