Cool 72 on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a potential buyer shares the same image/vision of the car and how they want it to be, then it has a chance of bringing what the seller expects. Otherwise the seller will be forced to sacrifice their investment as a labor of love.

Ray

60 over Cleveland :p
Hey - I got a 60-over Cleveland... runs like a champ! Hasn't seen temps over 200 (yet). Of course, I ain't gonna race it either. ;)

Looks like awesome work - lots of custom body & paint, that's for sure. Mustang emblems on the fenders and mis-placed Mach 1 stickers kinda take away from it, if you ask me (at least the VIN confirms Mach 1, though).

Not something I'd be interested in, but it doesn't suck.

Hey - I got a 60-over Cleveland... runs like a champ! Hasn't seen temps over 200 (yet). Of course, I ain't gonna race it either. ;)

Looks like awesome work - lots of custom body & paint, that's for sure. Mustang emblems on the fenders and mis-placed Mach 1 stickers kinda take away from it, if you ask me (at least the VIN confirms Mach 1, though).

Mustang emblems mis-placed" now that is down right being too mean!! HA! Some cool work done but Uhhhhh the COLOR..looks like it may belong to one of my fellers at the shop.

But the listing says he spun a rod bearing. On a motor already 0.060 over and 0.010 under crank? I would expect a replacement short block would be in short order for this car. I won't even comment on the paint. Well yes I will, groovy and DYNOMITE comes to mind!

Clue #1: " completely restored 72 mach"

Clue #2: has gm alternator

Clue #3: when I took it out for the first time it spun a rod bearing

... I was gonna put lower gears back in cuz I believe this is why the bearing spun cuz it turning to many rpms

- yes, that must have been it.

...it handles really nice an corners great.

-with 8 inch spring shackles...

... im sure im missing stuff way to much to list

-I am sure too.

... the gas gauge works backwards cuz it has dolphin gauges in it and stock sending unit,

- um, strong selling point there.

...serious inquiries only.

-Spose I probably shouldn't call...

^

So it's the yellow junker I picked up with a crazy paint job and a slightly more honest seller? rofl

It looks as if they threw it as-is into the paint booth when they shot the red, THEN started to replace choice parts to hide the Macco base coat. Love the disappearing quarter seams - under 10 pounds of Bondo, no doubt - get a load of the waviness of the gap-removed quarter-to-rocker face.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what they did to the trunk though. Seller says the car has never seen rain and it's never been washed with water, now that's different.

Zoom in on the paint chips on the driver door opening and you'll see its not paint chips but rust pushing thru, also on the quarter panel in the same picture. It may be "shinny" but it looks like it's full of rust.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Back