Custom brake hoses.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I have the front brakes off a SN95 Mustang Cobra on the front of my 71'.  The adapter kit was from Musrang Steve.  I was never happy with the brake hose options since the suggested method involved drilling some holes in the car and shortening steel lines.

I tried some 18" Russel braded hoses, but they were about 1/2" short and the next longer ones were 20".

So I called up Crown Performance and ordered up a couple custom hoses.

Got exactly what I wanted 18 1/2", 20 degree offset 10mm banjo on one end, 3/8"-24 inverted flare on the other with a nifty 5/8" od threaded bulkhead fitting for mounting on the other.  They mount right up to the stock steel lines, had to make a custom mount.

So if anyone out there is struggling with brake plumbing keep it in mind you can have custom hoses made and delivered for about $35 each.

It is on 6 ton jack stands, the bottles are future wind chimes, I just had them under to support the arms when I had the coil overs off.

I like the one TCP component I have, which is the strut rods. Only complaint is they could make the steering stop a little better.

Back