Custom mustang build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, can't wait to see the pictures. I love Panteras and 71-73 Mustang so this sounds like an awesome vision!
I've had both myself and love panteras. I always saw similarities in the big body stangs and Detomasso cars. Only a few have tired to cut up a 71. I do love, and was actually inspired to do this project by Kelly Pucketts 69 its awesome.

[attachment=33529]

Here it is!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few pics on the build section of the forum. Sorry there upside down ill try to figure out why and correct that as I post new pics.

Cant wait to see this 1 post lots of pics and welcome from Bundaberg Australia
Hey , my sister in law ," Fliss " Felicity , is from Australia . I've opened a build forum section ,71 custom build, chk it out . I would love to find a headlight setup from a 71 falcon Xb . Would Love to use it on my project but I guess that stuff is hard to find huh?

There is a picture of the stripped mustang used in 'gone in 60 seconds'. It looks like a pantera shell.

I am happy you are sharing your build with us. When I saw the pics I thought to myself "That will be weird if he doesn't chop some out of the center too". Your plan to cut 4" should work.

I also like your approach with the group. I will feel free to post my thoughts, suggestions, critique and you can take it or leave it. No harm, no foul. ;)

I wished you lived closer to Phoenix. I would like to see the progress and, more so, the finished product.

image.jpg

There is a picture of the stripped mustang used in 'gone in 60 seconds'. It looks like a pantera shell.

I am happy you are sharing your build with us. When I saw the pics I thought to myself "That will be weird if he doesn't chop some out of the center too". Your plan to cut 4" should work.

I also like your approach with the group. I will feel free to post my thoughts, suggestions, critique and you can take it or leave it. No harm, no foul. ;)

I wished you lived closer to Phoenix. I would like to see the progress and, more so, the finished product.
Check out my pics on project build section , 71 custom build.

Now there is a view of a stang without skin!

I have never seen a skinless stang nice!

Paul
There's no telling how many times that mustang was rebuilt during the movie gone in 60 seconds. In this pic it had obviously Ben burned and as a new clip welded on the front . Pretty cool huh ?

image.jpg

Welcome from Massachusetts and good luck with this undertaking I hope to see plenty of pics.
Pics on individual build forum under 71 custom build, let me know what you think, comments encouraged!

image.jpg

Welcome from Massachusetts and good luck with this undertaking I hope to see plenty of pics.
Pics on individual build forum under 71 custom build, let me know what you think, comments encouraged!

I'm feeling dizzy! Here are the pics the right way around:

image_zpsqkngnkvx.jpg

image%202_zpsdgpoarfd.jpg

image_zpsqkngnkvx.jpg

Thank you, LOL.

image_zpsqkngnkvx.jpg

Thank you, LOL.
There are more upside down pics on the individual build forum , lol , custom 71 build. I keep turning my phone the wrong way when taking pics, thanks or the help I appreciate it much.

This is so cool, but I winder if the tailights will look right with the car's changed shape?
So what do ya think? I found an awesome replacement 71-73 led with like 10 sequential flash patterns, they are very cool. Originally I was undecided on the tail lights . Had considered a 69 panel but when I found those led's I loved em. Thoughts and opinions are very welcome. Share your ideas.

You are so far beyond me on the fabrication, so I feel silly suggesting anything ... but then again I have no sense of pride so here I go

The stock taillights individually have the basic shape and profile of the car itself. I can't see a practical way to reshape the lights to match the altered profile of the car.

Perhaps a rectangular tailight similar to the Pantera's or a single round similar to the GT-40's

I think the shelby tailights/cougar tailights and thunderbird tailights are all too wide to look good in your application

Perhaps a pair of mid 60's Ford Galaxie station wagon lights turned sideways?

You are so far beyond me on the fabrication, so I feel silly suggesting anything ... but then again I have no sense of pride so here I go

The stock taillights individually have the basic shape and profile of the car itself. I can't see a practical way to reshape the lights to match the altered profile of the car.

Perhaps a rectangular tailight similar to the Pantera's or a single round similar to the GT-40's

I think the shelby tailights/cougar tailights and thunderbird tailights are all too wide to look good in your application

Perhaps a pair of mid 60's Ford Galaxie station wagon lights turned sideways?
Hey that's how things come together I love and appreciate ideas . I did think about cougar,Shelby and my thoughts were as yours. I even thought about 71 pinto. I thought about going all the way across with a couple of thin lines with red plexy. Would be easy to change at any time in the build so I'm keeping my thinking cap on . Something will hit . Thanks for the thoughts ill consider them.

I thought pinto or Maverick, but they are too plain, thought he Maverick might be something that could be dressed up with custom bezels
Hey, what do ya think about C5 corvette tail lights? I though it would look kind of Ferrari.

I thought pinto or Maverick, but they are too plain, thought he Maverick might be something that could be dressed up with custom bezels
Hey, what do ya think about C5 corvette tail lights? I though it would look kind of Ferrari.
Its not my car but I' m thinking chevy taillights probably don't belong on the back of a mustang:p

Back