Custom mustang build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the simple round lights, but I think you could use either 1 per side or 3 per side-not 2 as that would look corvette like. I'd go with one per side Maybe look at use some 18 wheeler trailer LED light pieces-cheap and I think the right size

I thought pinto or Maverick, but they are too plain, thought he Maverick might be something that could be dressed up with custom bezels
Hey, what do ya think about C5 corvette tail lights? I though it would look kind of Ferrari.
Its not my car but I' m thinking chevy taillights probably don't belong on the back of a mustang:p
Ok ya, what was I thinkin:huh: GT 40 then maybe

Hey, what do ya think about C5 corvette tail lights? I though it would look kind of Ferrari.
Its not my car but I' m thinking chevy taillights probably don't belong on the back of a mustang:p
Ok ya, what was I thinkin:huh: GT 40 then maybe
Then again ,if you recall, or even if you weren't aware the 1967 ford GT40 that won lemans, was equipped with early corvair tail lights because they were the lightest round taillight they could find:cool: so back to square one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a thread with a LOT of different ideas regarding design features people would change, one of the biggest items is the tail lights. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-are-your-least-favorite-design-features-of-the-71-73s?page=7

My favorite idea is to swap in some taillights from a '71 Cougar - the shape fits perfectly into the space of the taillight panel. I'm not sure I'd relocate the license plate frame - probably just leave the flip-open gas cap in the 'normal' place.

attachment.php

I agree about keeping the gas cap, I have the flip down one, it's kind of cool. Taillights will remain negotiable for a while yet. Can be decided on and changed at any time up till paint. I've been looking all over for ideas and am considering many different options. Thanks for the reference.

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.08.15_20h05m14s_001_.png

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting your latest photo on your project. You have given us the photo upside down. I have flipped it over for the Forum's benefit.::thumb::

Is there any way you can rectify this from happening when you take your photos or upload them to us in the future? The staff can help you technically if you are having problems in this regard. Do let us know if we can help, and keep ém coming for us to enjoy!

Many thanks,

Greg.:)

I haven't been on this part of the forum in a while and didn't catch your post Greg . I'm posting on 71 custom build on the individual project builds. I'm still having the flipped pic problem, I've tried everything and can't get it right. How would I post them to you first? I'm. Curious to remedy this, many of the guys have helped with flipping them for me. But would be great if I could figure this out. I take pics from my I phone and I pad, have tried holding them both up or down . Doesn't seem to act consistently. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for the consideration .

Your skills are very impressive sir. I am can appreciate any mustang as long as the owner is doing what they enjoy with it. In your case the time and effort and you are putting in should make anyone appreciate it.

Back