Decoding 351C Casting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lldoor

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1971 Fastblack
Black on Black with 408 Stroker
Hi,

i am Dirk from Germany, driving a 408 Stroker Fastback 1971. I´ve found a 351 C Engine near by and want to decode the casting.

Could anybody please help me? Thank you!

The Casting is: DOAE-L QJ l please look at he image.

Greetz from Hamburg, Germany!

Hi Dirk,

look here: Mustangtek.com

Everything is described there

Greetings also from Germany (Hanau)

Jürgen

Hi,

i am Dirk from Germany, driving a 408 Stroker Fastback 1971. I´ve found a 351 C Engine near by and want to decode the casting.

Could anybody please help me? Thank you!

The Casting is: DOAE-L QJ l please look at he image.

Greetz from Hamburg, Germany!

Thanks for fast reply. It has 2V Heads and i will look tomorrow if it is a 4-Bolt. will let you know. Thanks again for help!

Thanks for fast reply. It has 2V Heads and i will look tomorrow if it is a 4-Bolt. will let you know. Thanks again for help!
 Okay, I doubt it will be a 4 bolt, but the only way to know is to look. It likely is an "H" code motor. Look under the coil if it's still there for the engine tag. If it is a complete motor and in good condition i.e. no water in the cylinders and the like, it is worth picking up regardless.

Engine parts are getting harder to find especially in Europe. With a good block, you can build anything you want....... if you have the money!!

Geoff.

opened the oil pan to have a look; it is a 2 Bolt. Thank you!

opened the oil pan to have a look; it is a 2 Bolt. Thank you!
 I guess it will be an "H" code motor, a good block though. Same block on my 71 "M" code 4V. You can build anything you want with it IF you have the money!!......... Oh! I said that before didn't I.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back