Deluxe Door Woodgrain Insert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that looks great! I really like the clean look of the door panel inserts with the running horse. The wood looks great with most of the other interior colors, but I am not a big fan of the wood grain look on my ginger interior and if I were to deviate from the original wood grain look, I'd consider replacing the wood grain on the door inserts and power window switch bezels with either a black camera case finish like the dash, or with metal brightwork like you have done.  Nice work!

Anybody found a place to buy black camera case film that matches the dash?

Last edited by a moderator:
thx @rackerm

Its all about personal tastes really.

[ I'd consider replacing the wood grain on the door inserts and power window switch bezels with either a black camera case finish like the dash]

You mean that semi mat black? Nice!

Nice job!

@ Fabrice: I really like your clean door inserts with the running horse logo!

And good job on cutting the wood to size. I know exactly what kind of knife you mean but I can't cut a straight line if my life depended on it.

Big Thanks to OLE PONY for providing the link to the Wood Grain material I needed to R&R my door panels.

I'm very happy with the finished product.

Thanks again OLE PONY
Andy72, those look really great and I'm getting ready to do the same thing.  It looks like you used the Golden Walnut too.  How did it match with any of the darker wood grain in the car?   Any installation tips you could share?

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Scott

Big Thanks to OLE PONY for providing the link to the Wood Grain material I needed to R&R my door panels.

I'm very happy with the finished product.

Thanks again OLE PONY
Andy72, those look really great and I'm getting ready to do the same thing.  It looks like you used the Golden Walnut too.  How did it match with any of the darker wood grain in the car?   Any installation tips you could share?

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Scott

Sorry.  Didn't see your question...  Yes, its the Golden Walnut.  A very nice product from UK.

I made a template to get the exact fit.  I also made a clear template so I could see through it.  This allowed me to move around on the wood grain material to get the exact grain I wanted.

I started on the long top edge, peeling back the paper from the adhesive backing about 1/2 inch.  This let me get the top edge perfectly aligned.

Then I just worked downward, pulling back the backing paper a little at a time to make sure no bubbles appeared.  The product went on very well.

Andy

Back