Diamond Blue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
Has anyone seen the Ford Diamond Blue in person? It looks like a light silver with blue in it. Saw the color on a 65 Lincoln vert with a white top in the movie Thunderball. Wonder if any opinions what it looks like in the sun...more silver or more blue?

Has anyone seen the Ford Diamond Blue in person? It looks like a light silver with blue in it. Saw the color on a 65 Lincoln vert with a white top in the movie Thunderball. Wonder if any opinions what it looks like in the sun...more silver or more blue?
We have decided to paint our 73 Vert Brittany Blue with a white top and white delux comfortweave interior. With the black accents in the seat inserts, black carpeting and dash it should be sharp. I hope it looks like this when we get done with it:

2584fti.jpg

ea2z3d.jpg

We landed on this color after we saw Brittany Blue GT500 sell at the last Mechum Auction. It was stunning.

2h4hpqq.jpg

We had a diamond blue 64 Tbird - this is not ours but it looked like this:

10z2pno.jpg

It was kind of a nasty robins egg color in real life - wife hated it.

Not to offend any yellow lovers but we just can't bring ourselves to keep our vert medium yellow. Just not one of our favorite Ford colors. Better than the brown they had in 73 (had one) but not by much.

Paul of Mo

Exactly the info i hoped for. Sincere thanks! And that Brittany Blue is very nice. Do you plan on doing a 2 stage with clearcoat?
Going to try the new water based stuff. I have access to a professional booth and they have switched over to the H2O process / equipment about a year ago.

They say it is ok and will turn out nice. I am an ok painter and most of my mistakes can be sanded / buffed out. Maybe I will be better with the new stuff.

Paul of MO

I've seen a 67 mustang very in diamond blue. Had original paint and seemed a touch lighter than the t-bird pic above. Could be the compute screen or could ave been aded paint on the 67. Either way it was approaching very, very light blue in color. Was a pretty color for a vert.

I've seen a couple of diamond blue cars, including my dad's '68 convertible. It's mostly white with just a hint of blue. I've seen variations of the color, and most of them only have about a 5%-10% blue tint. On a sunny day they look almost white.

Back