Did H-codes Mach 1's come with 4-speeds?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
I have mostly seen M and Q-codes Mach 1's with factory 4 speed but I have not seen any H-codes with a 4 speed. I am pretty sure there are H-codes Mach 1 with factory 4-speed,Am I right?

I have mostly seen M and Q-codes Mach 1's with factory 4 speed but I have not seen any H-codes with a 4 speed. I am pretty sure there are H-codes Mach 1 with factory 4-speed,Am I right?
buddy, that's a good question...

I'd also like to know who's got a fastback with a factory 6 banger in it?

According to Marti's book. There was 1 fastback in 1971 with a H code and 4 speed. Other than that there were non in 72 and 73.

There were quite a few H codes in 71-73 with a 3 speed manual, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also like to know who's got a fastback with a factory 6 banger in it?
The Mach1 package required a minimum 302 engine, so a 6 cyl would

have to be ordered with the sportroof option. A rare car indeed.

According to Marti's book. There was 1 fastback in 1971 with a H code and 4 speed. Other than that there were non in 72 and 73.

There were quite a few H codes in 71-73 with a 3 speed manual, however.
The one H code 4 spd car. Pretty sure the owner is on here, it was the Boss prototype and then Ford put in a 351 2 V and tagged it an H code.

The Marti book says there is also one 71 302 2V coupe with a 4 speed.

Don

Latest posts

Back