Disc Brake Pads for OEM

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
I do some tuning tests on a short stretch of road and find myself pushing the limits of my brakes. I don't know what pads these are, but I'm sure they're not metallic or semi-metallic....certainly not ceramic.

What material do you guys like for a good balance between performance and rotor wear? I've never experimented with different liner materials, but I know what I have is garbage....probably organic.

Edit: Here's what Rock Auto lists:
1691185849919.png

I would guess ceramics are hardest on rotors and orgainc the least.

Last edited:
I'm running the Hawk HPS compound on the front of my Mach. There's a little bit of a warm up period, where you can feel the change in braking, but so far I'm very happy with them. Rears are chain store organic, but I have semi metallics for the new rear end.

EBC and Porterfield make pads and shoes that fit our cars. IIRC, the EBC are missing the holes for the retainer pins and you need to drill them yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MW5WC8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back