Dished Pistons for 4v Quench Heads?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking at the Edelbrock 190s, too. Similar to the Trick Flow heads.

Still not sure where all this is going to go. Might just put together the mostly stock 2v motor for now and start planning/collecting for the 'real' motor.

The Trick Flow heads have the 2v ports like the Aussie heads (and raised ports at that) to keep up the intake velocity.
no, they have exhaust ports that are raised on the top and bottom just like 99.999% of all super high perf aftermarket heads in the world do . . this increases ex flow because it creates a smoother transition from the ex valve to the exit . . this smoother transition reduces turbulence that is created on the floor of the stock heads . . there are aftermarket gimmicks called port stuffers for the 4v cleveland heads that are designed to raise the ex floor which reduces volume a bit but increases velocity/flow per se due to less turbulence . . it's complicated.
Somehow I missed this before, but I stand corrected (not the first time, or the last I'm sure).

Still finding conflicting info on head specs. One source (a book) lists the Aussie 2v heads as 59cc and another source says 56-59. Also, some sources show the Aussie 351 head as 64cc and someone in the know says they are all open chamber just like the US 351 2v and both 302/351 heads as having the same size valves.

So at 59cc and the +13cc dish piston, static compression is around 10:1. Depending on the variables, having to bore .030-.060 and actual chamber cc, compression could go as high as 10.6:1.

Back