DOING UP THE ENGINE BAY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a bit side tracked with summer family stuff, But finally back on the former 429 Mach..So we pulled the 429+c6..Now that it's out of way & sold I can concentrate on doing the engine bay & related parts. I've already cleaned power washed the bay 3 times & it's ready to start prepping..Have a few more tidbits to remove get out of the way..We are going to start scotch briteing sanding today..after that we will see where I'm at..I've already media blasted a bunch of parts & have them in epoxy primer..Going to be using eastwwod extreme chassis black for everything above the rails..Continuing with the sem rust shield for everything below the aprons..
Looks great Scott! What do you think of the Eastwood paint products? I have used the extreme chassis black on all my chassis parts, rear axle housing, steering gear, etc. with good results. I have also used their epoxy primer on a pickup I painted a few years back and on my Grande Im playing with now. For the price, it seems to work well.

Looks great Scott! What do you think of the Eastwood paint products? I have used the extreme chassis black on all my chassis parts, rear axle housing, steering gear, etc. with good results. I have also used their epoxy primer on a pickup I painted a few years back and on my Grande Im playing with now. For the price, it seems to work well.
Thanks.

I don't use their primers etc..The products I like & use are the extreme chassis black..engine paint..tank tone..& crystal clear (for protecting bolts brake lines alum parts)

Like usual Scott great work and great information for future reference. When at the MCA show in Indy they had this 844 mile original paint 71 boss. Still had all of the original sound deadener on it. Man, they layed that stuff down by the inch. Look at some of these pics.
They say the frame rail was red ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Like usual Scott great work and great information for future reference. When at the MCA show in Indy they had this 844 mile original paint 71 boss. Still had all of the original sound deadener on it. Man, they layed that stuff down by the inch. Look at some of these pics.
They say the frame rail was red ?????
Looks like the color of the car I could see on mine the original color of the car on the frame rail..you can see hints in the picture of that color in between the valance & fender joint.

Whose to question Bob Perkins. They also repainted the trunk side of the folding seat trap door and did not properly overspray the spatter paint on it. I asked the judge after the car was judged just to confirm.

Got most of the seam sealing done inside the engine bay last night a few more spots to do today..Then prep for paint..nice stuff the sem 2 component 39377,,Just have to work very quick & alot of taping prior..Mask both sides of the seam..Apply..smooth with your finger..pull tape every 12 inches as you go..then smooth again with your finger dipped in denatured alcohol..

101_0471.JPG101_0475.JPG101_0477.JPG101_0478.JPG101_0479.JPG101_0480.JPG

More masking for the few last spots of seam sealer..Whats nice is when this is painted its going to look very smooth where the panels join transition..Besides the added benefit of keeping water out of the joints seams which is where the rust starts on these cars.

101_0482.JPG101_0483.JPG101_0484.JPG101_0485.JPG

Ok,

Final sand for eastwood extreme chassis black satin..light cut with 180..finish with 320..Can't wait !!!! spoke to Shaun at Street or track today My coil over conversion & rear bilsteens should be here shortly..Gonna do a install video start to finish since on the other car /video the suspension was out already..

101_0501.JPG101_0503.JPG

Thanks, Scott! I always love seeing your stuff - it's very inspiring. ::thumb::

As well, I always learn something new - such as: the jigs you made for the hood springs. I now know how I'm going to be installing the springs on my hood hinges (as opposed to 'the hard way'). :D

Back