Dome Light Replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
Dumb question here but I need to swap the bulb in the subject light on my 73 Mach 1 and see nothing on it in the manuals. I have proven to to pretty solid breaking little tabs when doing such (just did it on my 17 Boxster S...). I assume I squeeze in the middle of the long sides and pull? TIA.

Dumb question here but I need to swap the bulb in the subject light on my 73 Mach 1 and see nothing on it in the manuals. I have proven to to pretty solid breaking little tabs when doing such (just did it on my 17 Boxster S...). I assume I squeeze in the middle of the long sides and pull? TIA.
Be careful when its brittle, squeeze softly in the middle of that white piece(maybe time for LED)

chrome_2018-11-08_12-19-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up on the 44mm bulb after placing my fourth new lens and went over to LED. All burned in the middle.

You can get these for pinuts a dozen on E-bay and gone is the heat.

I will prolly replace again with warmer colour later on or add a filter in between lens and LED if I can't find these in amber/yellow.

Thought the yellowish LED panel would be the light colour. Its not, instead its a really white light. Ideal to work in the car, just not as cosy inside as it was with the incandescent bulb. But the heat is gone, which is why I've changed in the first place. No more new lens every once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back