Door latch Plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh dam

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
1994 GT Coupe
Ok so my door striker finally took a poop and now my door doesnt close. So i took off the rear interior panel to see whats going on. and i found this.

25pofmc.jpg

21140t0.jpg

2hekg1g.jpg

jzwsnr.jpg

a4lz5c.jpg

So i bought a new striker bolt thing from OMS, but i need a new plate, both threads are completely gone, but the only cheapest one i found was $12 and i dont want to spend another dam $20 on a USED plate. Is there other ways to go about this? and something that wont allow the striker to move. any ideas?

Difficult, but effective: Weld, drill, and tap.

Less difficult, should be effective enough: Tap for helicoil, install helicoil. I don't like the idea of my door being held in place with a bolt held on by a helicoil though.

Even better: Junkyard. My '78 Lincoln Mark V uses the same retaining plate. The T-Birds should be the same. I'd bet that a lot of early '80s Fords are the same too.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Weld a nut on it [ although I think the threads are slighty out of round to lock it down ] or get another one

It is a pretty important part - it needs to move to aline the door.

I should have one 16.00 shipped

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
ya i guess im gonna have to do that haha, cant find it new :/
You won't find a new one, but Don at Ohio Mustang Supply said he had one for $16, and he won't send you something that's not in good shape. In my opinion, that would be the way to go. Welding the nut on the back is a fix if no other options exist.

ya i guess im gonna have to do that haha, cant find it new :/
You won't find a new one, but Don at Ohio Mustang Supply said he had one for $16, and he won't send you something that's not in good shape. In my opinion, that would be the way to go. Welding the nut on the back is a fix if no other options exist.
+1 for 16 bucks you can't go wrong, and no hassle trying to monkey rig something to work

Back