Door Panel Removal - How To - (Side note - Gauges)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
I have started to re-do the interior and just got some new door panels. Being that I have little mechanical skills, I have no idea how to take off the door panels. I know there is some kind of tool for the clips but that's about it. The car also has power windows and I was told cleaning the tracks can help the windows go up and down better. However, I do not want to break anything and ruin something. Trying to find information about how to do stuff someone said some clip for the power windows if you break it it's hard to find. Anyways, is this something that I should just have an interior person do, or does someone have a video or guide to do it myself?

Thanks for any help!

Side note:

How difficult is it to take stuff apart on the dash to replace gauge lights with new LED's?

I have started to re-do the interior and just got some new door panels. Being that I have little mechanical skills, I have no idea how to take off the door panels. I know there is some kind of tool for the clips but that's about it. The car also has power windows and I was told cleaning the tracks can help the windows go up and down better. However, I do not want to break anything and ruin something. Trying to find information about how to do stuff someone said some clip for the power windows if you break it it's hard to find. Anyways, is this something that I should just have an interior person do, or does someone have a video or guide to do it myself?

Thanks for any help!

Side note:

How difficult is it to take stuff apart on the dash to replace gauge lights with new LED's?
Your power window switch covers are held on by one set screw on the bottom of the chrome / wood cover

Take screw out, then cover will lift up and off

The clip removal tool is one of those inexpensive essential tools for anyone who is working on their car. Keeps damage minimized.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/s-g-tool-aid-trim-pad-removal-tool-sgt87650/22985345-P

Be aware that no matter how careful you are, the door panel cardboard backing usually breaks down resulting in clips not being able to be positioned properly when reinstalling. A forum topic search will probably give you lots to review on the subject

Flew that seems hard. Didn't realize so much went into The Cluster. Guess I'll try.

Back