Dynacorn

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Anyone on here have any experience using Dynacorn doors for our cars?
I’m attempting to install a drivers door on my 72 and the gap at the back is huge and I can’t seem to slide it any further back. I measure the door just below the body line and it is at least a 1/8 shorter than OEM.
Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Friend of mine let his car have the doors replaced, same story. They had to be adapted to fit.

I'm not certain what you mean by 1/8. 3 mm?
If so, unless you want/can lay a weld bead on the edge all over the lip or on the pilar which would be the easiest, also preventing to have the domino effect that wil be at the fender to door, you could I think for this amount just move the hinges further back.
if you can't/no more play at the plates in the A pilar, you could add washers by each of the bolts, behind the hinges plate that connects to the door. You could also copy the hinges plate in aluminium and place it between.
As said, if you do not add the missing "meat", you also will have to readjust the fender for the same gap.

Not what one should expect for doors with such price tag, but thats how things go these days...

Back