Dynacron door

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Hello everyone,
Has anyone else on here used a dynacorn door on their build?
I’m having a hell of a time trying to get this door hung and adjusted to an acceptable position.
Have rebuilt hinges on it and seems impossible to get the hinge placement right. They don’t what to move around freely sometimes.
No matter how I adjust it or shim it it seems to always sag.
Ready to throw it in the scrap pin and find an OEM door.
Thanks

Can you widen that notch with a dremel tool or perhaps something better, without causing excess damage to that beautiful paint?

Hello everyone,
Has anyone else on here used a dynacorn door on their build?
I’m having a hell of a time trying to get this door hung and adjusted to an acceptable position.
Have rebuilt hinges on it and seems impossible to get the hinge placement right. They don’t what to move around freely sometimes.
No matter how I adjust it or shim it it seems to always sag.
Ready to throw it in the scrap pin and find an OEM door.
Thanks
I have bought a door and a deck lid and both are junk so I rehabbed OEM parts after many hours and installed them. The deck lid 1968 was so heavy that I couldn't get it to stay open and I had to add 1/4" to the lip that holds the chrome. The door was twisted and missing holes for weather stripping etc. Why can't those people come just a little closer on the fit. I would think that there should be an American or other country that could do better.

I have bought a door and a deck lid and both are junk so I rehabbed OEM parts after many hours and installed them. The deck lid 1968 was so heavy that I couldn't get it to stay open and I had to add 1/4" to the lip that holds the chrome. The door was twisted and missing holes for weather stripping etc. Why can't those people come just a little closer on the fit. I would think that there should be an American or other country that could do better.
I’m about at that same point just about everything on this door is a little off.

Back