• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

eBay in my neck of the woods

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the license plate, and the rust, this is not a true California car.

james
I don't know about that James, I lived in Monterey CA, which is on the coast for a few years and the rust attacked my 72 GTO pretty bad. I can remember mornings after a windy night having to spray the windshield off to get the dried salt water from the ocean off. Coasta Mesa is also on the coast, so if the owner wasn't dillegent it very well could be coastal rust. Especially if he did I did and took the car on some of the beaches that allow (ed) cars on the beach.

Jim

Based on the license plate, and the rust, this is not a true California car.

james
I don't know about that James, I lived in Monterey CA, which is on the coast for a few years and the rust attacked my 72 GTO pretty bad. I can remember mornings after a windy night having to spray the windshield off to get the dried salt water from the ocean off. Coasta Mesa is also on the coast, so if the owner wasn't dillegent it very well could be coastal rust. Especially if he did I did and took the car on some of the beaches that allow (ed) cars on the beach.

Jim
Well, we could debate the salt spray...but that plate is a 2004 or 2005 issue. I think 1973 they were still issuing blue/yellow plates.

I have friends that have lived on the beach for 20+ years. Their cars are not rusted through, their chrome/aluminum trim is not pitted, they don't have an issue removing the lug nuts. And, they certainly don't have any rust under the hood. They have rust that was born with the car from the factory.

Back