Electric Rear Quarter Windows, where does this part go?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Supercharged Mach1
Hi All of you Mustang Buddies. I had issues having to retrack my rear quarter windows after fitting new weather seals and the window jammed up, so I ended up stripping it down in situ. This part fell out and I'm not sure of its location. I cannot see it on any diagrams so I'm reaching out to you girls and guys.
Here's the item. Its flat edge is coated in rubber on one side, so I think it may have been attached to one of the bolts that goes through the window glass that I removed in situ. I had a look at the passenger rear window, and would you believe it, this part was lying on the chassis member below the window assembly. Obviously the previous owner had this window apart and had the same issue as me. Well at least he did not throw it away but kept it for the next person, Yea ME.

If anyone has a photo of this in situ, or has a parts assembly diagram that shows its location, that would be great.

This piece of info I am writing here may help others in the future when carrying out window adjustment. When carrying out the window adjustment on the angle of its up and down travel, my mechanism jammed and I had about 1 inch of travel, so I disassembled the whole unit in situ. I now discover, there was no need for me to take the whole assembly apart, all I had to do was to undo the very bottom bolt that attached the motor frame to the chassis via an L shaped bracket that allows the complete assembly to move in a front to back motion when facing the assembly in front of you ( not the left to right direction ). This in turn moved the window mechanism away from the motor support frame, and released the jamming component. This simply procedure will save you hours of frustration should you experience this jam up.

Attachments

• window bit.jpg
    window bit.jpg
    107.2 KB

Latest posts

Back