Exh Header gaskets and bolts for our 429 and update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH1 m code
Ok

What do people use for these .We have Hooker Super Comp aluminized headers. We have seen life guarantee dead soft aluminum, some are copper. Also pluses and minuses on various header bolts. Anyone willing to share there experience I love to benefit from your experience.

BTW saw underside of hood and trunk deck painted with 2 coats clear. There's a reason its called screaming yellow. They are painting parts and misc now, they hope to have car in paint with 2 coats clear (about 3 mil)by end of week next. then assemble, align lay out stripes and paint black pearl. scuff and finish with 2 more coats clear.

We're planning a week to gas out in our full sun 90 degree heat then block, cut and buff.

With 2 coats clear the paint so far is so bright and beautiful, I'm getting more and more anxious. I go to the paint shop every 2 days or so. As soon as they have it finished I will post many many pics. I may need help with that.:D

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean exhaust header gaskets? What size flange? regular 429 ports of CJ and SCJ ports? I have hooker super com headers on mine. they are 2 1/8" dia. full length. Thier quality was pretty bad and the fitment wasn't good. I redone the headers myself. The exhaust gaskets i used were Percy's Seal-4-good dead soft aluminum exhasut gaskets. They are for CJ sized ports. Part #66054. For header bolts i used proform wedge locking header bolts. They are fairly new on the market and the feature a Nord-Loc washer on the that will not vibrate loose. It was a part# 66752. I bought them all from Summit. Hope this helps.

Do you mean exhaust header gaskets? What size flange? regular 429 ports of CJ and SCJ ports? I have hooker super com headers on mine. they are 2 1/8" dia. full length. Thier quality was pretty bad and the fitment wasn't good. I redone the headers myself. The exhaust gaskets i used were Percy's Seal-4-good dead soft aluminum exhasut gaskets. They are for CJ sized ports. Part #66054. For header bolts i used proform wedge locking header bolts. They are fairly new on the market and the feature a Nord-Loc washer on the that will not vibrate loose. It was a part# 66752. I bought them all from Summit. Hope this helps.
yes I do mean exhaust header gaskets. Sounds like you used the gasket we're

thinking of. I am familiar with locking ehx header bolts from long ago will look at summit to see those. I assume they have stayed tight without issue?

Yes they have. Once they are torqued to 28 FT-LBS they will not back off. The gaskets are good. They are reusable and they will not blow out.

Back