exhaust diameter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naa10104

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, matching #'s H Code, Auto
Hello,

I am getting ready to replace my mufflers with something a little more drivable. The current system has 2.25" pipe clamps. Can I assume that I have a 2" system ? I am using Flowmasters that have 2" inlet and outlet. Inlets on current mufflers are 7.5 " around outside which converts to 2.38 ". Want to make sure the Flowmasters will fit. thanks

Exhaust shops have tooling that can flare the muffler flanges or pipe to whatever diameter necessary to make them fit. I'd go that route. I've done too much exhaust in the past using clamps and crushing pipe. Dirty work.

Hello,

I am getting ready to replace my mufflers with something a little more drivable. The current system has 2.25" pipe clamps. Can I assume that I have a 2" system ? I am using Flowmasters that have 2" inlet and outlet. Inlets on current mufflers are 7.5 " around outside which converts to 2.38 ". Want to make sure the Flowmasters will fit. thanks
just measure your pipes and if they are 7 13/32 around or smaller, they will slip inside the mufflers, if they are 7 19/32 or bigger, they will fit over the mufflers.

Back