Feedback on Midolyne Strut Rod Bushings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
The rebuild kit I'm installing came with Midolyne strut rod bushings. I've read mixed reviews on these....seeing where some have experienced them splitting/cracking after very little use. They are supposed to be a compromise between rubber and polyurethane. They seem fairly soft to me.

I'd like to get feedback from anyone who has used this material for strut rod bushings. How did they hold up and did you have any issues, at all, related to them.

Thanks,
BT

1726772931024.png

Not only did they crack and split, but the stiffer durometer meant the strut arm was flexed until it broke, which only happen when driving.....ask me how I know.
I wouldn't use anything but original type bushings in that location on a street car or get the fancy strutrods that eliminate bushings.

Not only did they crack and split, but the stiffer durometer meant the strut arm was flexed until it broke, which only happen when driving.....ask me how I know.
I wouldn't use anything but original type bushings in that location on a street car or get the fancy strutrods that eliminate bushings.
Did you ever run polyurethane bushings on those rods? The bushings I have are nowhere near the durometer of polyurethane.....they actually don't feel any stiffer than OEM rubber.

Back