Finally bought one

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forum, but I have been browsing it for quite some time.

I guess some basic info. I am from Pensacola, FL. I have dreamed of owning a classic Mustang for over half my life and have finally had the opportunity to purchase a 1971 M-Code Mach 1. Well, that is what I believe I have after doing all the research online.

I have a list of items I would like to do to the car and am sure that all of you will be very helpful as I have been searching several topics on this forum.

Some of the items on the top of my priority list are:

-Replace radiator with a new aluminum radiator with electric fans, as the old one is rusted on the bottom, but not leaking.

-Change front brakes to Disc with the possibility of adding a power brake booster.

-Replace front end suspension components as there is quite a bit of bounce and drift.

I would appreciate any links or advice you could help me out with any of these items.

Also, the radiator is pretty filthy now. I was curious, if I am going to be replacing the radiator, would it benefit me to flush the radiator out now, and then again when I put the new one on, or just when I install the new one.

I do drive it a couple times a week because the excitement hasn't worn off yet.

I am not sure the history, or what all it has had done to it. I know there is a cam in it, a holley carb, torker II intake, and a rusted exhaust that has long tube headers, straight pipes back to what I can only assume are some thrash mufflers.

I put some pics on photobucket and attempted to link to it here, not sure if it is going to work as I don't really have any forum experience.

::welcome::The excitement has never worn off for me and that is after 10 plus years of a trial and error restoration effort to almost losing it to a faulty effort by this one auto shop of which they either broke and further never replaced the pin to the break pedal as I found out, had no breaks while on a decelleration lane coming off a highway. See my photo album somewhere's after page 7, pic and story on image of tracks going through a front yard and the rear of my mustang sitting across the street of that property. ps, seeing where you are from, MCA (HQ. Mustang Club of America is very close to you)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back